Thursday 8 August 2013

treasure: memoir: snowboarding as therapy

" I was twenty-three when I moved to Whistler in British Columbia, Canada. I moved on little more than a whim and a vague sense of the urgency to change what had become dangerously apathetic circumstances. My younger brothers had both spent time in that part of the world and encouraged me to check it out. I went there with plans for a six-month holiday. I stayed for three years. I have to say, it was the best thing I’ve ever done in my life. I learned to snowboard."

You can head over to lipmag to read the full piece here.

I really enjoyed getting my act together to write this piece, and hope to start work on a few more in coming months. If you guys have any feedback or suggestions on what I should write about, let me know however which way you wanna.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment