it was mother's day on the weekend. hugh won, because he had a bottle of moet chilling to greet mum with upon her arrival to brisbane.
- the near-death experience in kamloops where mum forgot we were driving on the other side of the road and we nearly got t-boned by a fast moving vehicle
- the drive between banff and jasper where it was rainy until mum commented " i think it's snowing"; me, as the knowledgable local insisted that it was just rain... then had to concede 5 mins later that yes, it was in fact snow
- the picnic we had in our hotel room in kamloops on the bed
- getting to see lake louise on an overcast afternoon without the billion tourists, and then again in the sunshine the next day... with all the billion tourists.
- the scenery. the rockies. can't help but love it. my memories of the drive to banff probably hardly do it justice. ridiculous mountains. epic, in fact.
- the many small arguments you inevitably have with a person when it's just the two of you travelling together, and it's your mother/daughter.
- kelowna, the sunshine, the window shopping, the unexpected heat... the hot conceirge.
- that time i got us lost getting out of kelowna and we took a scenic route... added 40 mins, through hell-boring scenery.
there are many wonderful things about my mum, the least of which is how much she loves us all, even though we're all alcoholics who like to wrestle in public places (more stu and hugh than me). she is the most dedicated, compassionate and generous person i know. i am honored to call her mum.