I started on Friday Feminism last year in September as it became a topic I wanted to expand upon more and more. I had some great feedback which I really appreciated, and so of course I plan to continue with it this year. There are all sorts of ideas bubbling about in my brain, and while I haven't got a post on one of them ready for today, I thought I'd share with you the sorts of things I want to investigate more this year, as that will probably set the tone of my blog posts.
So here's a list, which I may or may not adhere to. I make no promises, except that there will be words on Fridays, and they will be about feminism. Also, some of these might be podcasts... or even vlogs... just for the sake of experimentin'.
- women's groups, feminist groups, female friendship
- zines & zine culture, including riot grrl zines, my zine making, the zines of others (maybe zine reviews, even)
- acts of feminist rebellion
- women I admire vs women who confuse me
- more in the 'your body is your body' series, looking at body positivity, labels like fat and skinny and healthy and fit and curvy and all of the things
- feminist fashion
- intersectionality with a bit of a discussion on what kind of feminist I am
- sexuality and a bit of gender studies theory dabbling
- my favourite books written by women, as well as ones I've been meaning to read
- Bechdel-testing movies and TV shows
- imagining a feminist utopia and trying to figure out what might help to get us there
- feminism in social media- trolling and fighting in the comments section
Anything you'd like me to discuss? Just let me know in the comments.
Let's do this!